Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Homemade Buns

3 c flour
1 c warm water
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 TBSP sugar
2-3 TBSP olive oil

Add the water and the yeast together.  Let it stand about 10 min, it should look foamy.  If it is not foamy yet, let it stand a little longer.  Then stir in the sugar, flour, and oil.  This will make a firm dough, but should still be able to be easily handled.  If need be you can add a bit more oil.  Knead the dough on a floured surface, then make into a ball.  Grease a bowl, place ball of dough in bowl, turning once to grease both sides of the dough.  Let rise in a warm place for about 30min.  Once it has finished rising.  Divide bread into 6 equal parts.  Roll each of these into a ball(I actually shaped mine more like big puffy squares).  Let rise another 20-30min.  Bake at 400 for 15-20min.  Cut in half and enjoy-these went wonderful with the pulled BBQ pork I made for valentines day!

I forgot to take a picture of these, I am extremely sorry.  Somewhere in the shuffle and bustle the rolls got missed! Next time I make them I will have to take a picture so I can add it!

No comments:

Post a Comment